Wael Zakaria Eldarawy, M.D.
Wael Zakaria Eldarawy MD, joined the NYGICare after many years of experience in advanced Urology. Dr. Wael Zakaria Eldarawy offers the ability to provide both excellence in common clinical conditions such as colorectal cancer screening and peptic ulcer disease, and more complex diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including pancreatic-biliary disease.
- AM-Shams University, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo-Egypt (M.B., B.S.) Excellent with Honor, December 1982
- M.Sc. in Urology: Ain-Shams University, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt. October 1986
- M.D. in Urology: Ain-Shams University, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt. April 1992
STEP ONE: June 1999 SCORE: 90
STEP TWO: August 2000 SCORE: 94
CSA: November 2000 SCORE: PASS
STEP THREE December 2003 SCORE: 90
Honors and Awards
- Recognition for Graduation with (Excellent with Honor)- (December 1982), Ain shams University.
- Best PGY1- (July 2001-June 2002), NY Methodist Hospital.
- Best Senior of the Month- (September 2002), NY Methodist Hospital.
- Recognition of Excellent Performance As PGY3 Chief Resident- (July 2003-June 2004), NY Methodist Hospital
- Best Case Presentation at NYSGE Fellows Presentation. ( January 2006)
- Winner Team of GI Jeopardy at NYSGE Meeting (December 2006)
Research / Publications
A man with recurrent massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to an uncommon parasitic infection. A case report
Wael El Darawy, Vincent Notar-Francesco, and Maurice A Cerulli.
Presented at ACG Annual Meeting Las Vegas 2006
Delayed life threatening rectal bleeding after transrectal prostate biopsy treated with clipping of the bleeding vessel. A case report
Wael El Darawy, Won Sohn, and Maurice A Cerulli. Presented at ACG Annual Meeting Philadelphia 2007
An analysis of gastrojejunostomy stricture in patients undergoing laparoscopic roux en-y gastric bypass.
Piotr Gorecki , Won Sohn and Wael El Darawy.
Presented at DDW 2008
Significance of Fecal Occult Blood Status and Level Of Anemia As A Predictor of Gastrointestinal Bleed Associated with Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Wael El Darawy, Renjy Vattasseril, Desh Sharma, and Maurice A. Cerulli. Presented at DDW 2008
"Five years experience with the modified ileal neobladder" W. Zakaria, S.I. Ragy, M.S. Mourad, and H. El Beialy. Egyptian Journal of Urology 1996.
"The use of the appendix for continent urinary diversion" El Kasaby, W. Zakaria, A. Abdelaal, and M. Sadek. Egyptian Journal of Urology, 1997.
Augmentation enterocystoplasty with ureteral implantation in a serous lined extramural tunnel".
M. Sadek, W. Zakaria, A. Abdelaal and W. Maged
African Journal of Urology, 1997.
"The use of buccal mucosa patch graft in the management of anterior urethral strictures"
A.W. El Kasaby, M. Fath-Alla, W. Zakaria, and M. H. El-Beialy. American Journal of Urology, 1993.
"One stage repair of perineal hypospadias using genital skin" W. Zakaria, W. A. Maged, A. W. El Kasaby.
Ain Shams Medical Journal, 1995.
"Clinical experience with intacorporeal electromagnetic lithotripsy for the management of ureteric calculi". W. Zakaria
Al- Azhar Medical Journal, 1997.
"Holmium: Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet laser for percutaneous nephrolithotripsy".
Abdelaal, M. Sadek, W. Zakaria, and A. El Kasaby
Al-Azhar Medical Journal, 1997.
" The continent vesicostomy"
W. Zakaria, A.E1 Kassaby, A. Abdelaal, and M. Sadek Journal of Al- Azhar Medical Faculty, 1998.